Dorthy was right!

I've spent the last two weeks traveling quite a bit. First to North Carolina on a train, which, by the way, was a lot less adventurous and exciting than I had imagined. (Lesson learned, fly the friendly skies) Then I returned home for a few days of back to back meetings, late night events and packing and unpacking. I was then off to San Antonio, TX, a former home of mine, and current home of some family, whom it was very good to see. Talk about crazy households, they have a sweet puppy, a 1 and 1/2 year old genius child, a super dad, and an 8 month pregnant mommy. I applaud people with children, simply for their ability to keep the child alive or as my friend Jan put it, keep from killing their spouse!

I took a brief trip down to Laredo, TX to speak and train a group of outstanding Resident Assistant's at Texas A&M International University, which is practically in Mexico. The RA's were great, funny and really committed to helping their residents succeed. Leadership opportunities such as RA, Orientation leaders and SGA can be such a valuable experience for students who want the edge. I also applaud incredible RA's who make it their job to care.

During these trips, I couldn't help but click my heels and think, "It would be great to be home." Not that I wasn't enjoying myself, but moreso that I really enjoy my home. I missed my bed, my dog Henry all of which have apparently become my comfort zone. In education and training, we often motivate people to leave their comfort zone, but I now know that we also need to spend some time in it. That's why its called a comfort zone. What is your comfort zone? Where do you feel most at peace?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!