What did we learn?

It has been 7 years since Sept 11. 2001. 7 years since I ran from the collapsing buildings, fearful for my life and that of my two friends. 7 years since I was pretty sure it was all over. It is in these times that I have to look back and wonder, what did we learn? How have we changed?

It was one of the life changing moments for me that really taught me even more about strength, courage and persistance. It taught me about fear and leadership, society and cultural memory. I will forever hold that day as an important marker in my life and remember how grateful I am for my life and my loved ones.

Did you learn something that day?

1 comments:

Quoc H. said...

I remember you told us that you were there on 9/11. I was completely amazed how you held your composure so well. I know if I experienced that I probably wouldn't be able to talk about it.

Like you, I learned so much from this day in history. I learned that it was important to unite with my friends who were had family in New York. To let them know that they could come to me and talk about. More importantly, I learned that life is filled with uncertainty. Uncertainties, however, must not demobilize though. There is a huge difference between living in fear and living with fear.

-Wookie

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!