New Semester New Start!

In college, so much attention is given to the first semester of the year. It's the fall with its football games, big events, and sometimes even homecomming. The poor spring semester hardly gets any attention. I mean of course there is Spring Break, but what else? I'll tell you what is great about the Spring Semester

The secret about the spring semester for me was one of redemption. If you look at my GPA from all the spring semesters I was in college (which would number five), you will see a much higher number than that of my fall semester. This usually happened because in the fall, I would get so involved with school life and really spread myself too thin. I actually once earned a measley 1.8 GPA in one fall semester! YES! America's College Success Coach went on academic probation! Believe it, in fact, love it, because that is why I am the authority on college success! I've failed. The spring semester was always my chance to cut back a little and really focus on what was important... getting the grade. I remained involved, but it was more realistic than 5 clubs, a full time job, a fraternity and SGA all at the same time. Besides without a good GPA, I couldn't be student leader. By the way, the semester following my 1.8 GPA, I earned a 4.0 with a final college gpa of 3.0. Solid!

Other students, especially freshmen finally get a clear picture of what they want college to be, finally understanding that it is not all about what they imagined or feared, but a whole different experience. This is a great time to create your college destiny. Many students will change their major, roommate, friends, hair color, and who knows what else!

Use this January as a fresh start to your college life, or you real life... (as if college isn't real!) Commit to making it yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!