The pilot light is not out...

2010 has arrived, and to be quite honest,  it feels good. I have entered this new year, new decade, new today with a renewed sense of action, purpose and identity. See, it goes back to 2008. That was a big year for me. In 2008, I bought a house, got my dog, wrote a book, turned 30 and really kicked off my speaking career. One would think the momentum of all of this would carry me right through 2009. That didn't quite happen. While I did remain busy and accomplished plenty by most standards, 2009 was somewhat of a year of recovery and rest for me. It was a year in which I could look inward, really get to know more about myself, my direction and of course, my dog Henry. In other words, I did a whole bunch on the inside, but not a ton on the outside.


      After a full year of just kinda sitting here, I'm ready to take action. I am feeling motivated around the areas of my health and fitness, financial wellness, career prospects and hey, might as well throw relationships in there! Why not? I have spend the first two weeks of this year really cleaning house, literally and figuratively in an effort to really commit some action to this motivation. Its not a flash in the pan sense of motivation because of a burning new years resolution, but more of a nurturing of the pilot light that has never been extinguished. I've felt this resurgence of passion, energy and faith in my body these past few weeks that I once may have dismissed as youthful naivety and fervor and which I thought might be forever gone.
      
You too have this pilot light, its one that I realize cannot be extinguished no matter how cold, wet, dark or trying the times may be, no matter how much we convince ourselves that we "used to" want something, care about something or be someone. I realize all it takes to find is some time, some clearing away of the life shit that we layer on or hide behind, and a willingness to look.

I did just that and I have come up with a plan. To reach some of the goals I set for myself a long time ago, that still remain, I've made some commitments. Here are a few of them.
    
I will :
1 . Use my knowledge of health, fitness and nutrition to be in better shape.
2.  Increase my blog posting quality and quantity as well as my subscribers.
3.  Make at least $10,000 extra this year.
4.  Take Henry to the dog park more often.
5.  Increase my community service.
6.  Spend a few minutes each day learning something new.

This is just the beginning, but I wanted to put a few out there... maybe inspire you to make some commitments to yourself, find the fire inside and take action. These are not goals. My goals are much more specific and detailed. These are some of the general action steps I'm taking. I'd love to hear what you have planned for 2010 and beyond.

And if you cannot find your pilot light, feel free to light yours with mine... its burning bright!


This was me at my 31st bday. I got to be a Rockstar at Karaoke with a live band, back up singers and an audience who couldn't get enough! Try it sometime! I dare you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!