too much cheese but none at all

So, I was at a retirement party for a colleague at work on Friday. I was the MC for the event and it was a very lovely classy event, no cheese at the podium at all. Each speaker worked hard to avoid sounding as if the retiree were dead, and truly honored his impact on their lives and the organization we work for. It was quite nice. I even ended the event with a comment that "If success can be measured by a persons impact on humanity, then you sir are a successful human being. I hope these same words can one day be spoken about me."

After the formal presentations, we all mulled around grazing on the buffet of cheeses, baby quiches, lemon bars, brownies and hot cider. As I'm working very hard on my health and fitness, I stayed away for the most part.... well, I had a piece of cheese. And as soon as I realized they also served provolone, I was compelled to have another, and another, and another. Soon, I'd eaten enough cheese to actually be full. Thats alot of cheese. It was an absolute cheese binge. This is something much more likely of me on stage vs. at a tray of dairy, but se la vie!

I went to the gym imediatley after work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!