Be impeccable with your word

One of the famous four agreements, from the beautiful book about life success is to be impeccable with your word. Our words are certainly one of our most powerful tools as well as our most powerful representative. I was faced with a situation at work today in which some colleagues pretty much twisted my words and painted me as a bully in front of a room full of "important" people. I wasn't present, but luckily I had some allies in the room, including my boss, who quickly stood up for me and dispelled the wrong doing.

I was quick to get frustrated that they would so publicly, yet behind my back share words about me that were not true for their own benefit. Just yesterday they were quite nice and kind to my face about the situation and today a different story.

I don't mind if they didn't agree with me but would have preferred to hear that message face to face. Honesty is so important and I will admit that these colleagues, whom I have made great efforts to be a good parter with now leave a bad taste in my mouth.

They have not only frustrated me professionally, but I don't wish to see them socially. I have lost a level of personal respect. And let it be known, I won't just blog about this. I will most certainly share these sentiments with them face to face, but I figured I would give myself 24 hours of cool down time so I don't misrepresent myself with bad "word choices."

Are you impeccable with your word? How do you let your words both written and spoken represent you?
from The Four Agreements.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Did this blog make you think? Tell me about it!